Happy First Day of Falllllllll!!! Apparently, summer hasn’t gotten the memo to go away or fall hasn’t gotten the memo that I’m ready for the cooler weather, because it’s currently 90 degrees outside. But I’m not going to let that rain on my parade and you shouldn’t either, so crank up the AC, throw on your coziest sweater, and read my 2017 fall bucket list. If you know me (or are a long time reader of this blog) you know that this is my favorite season and I look forward to doing all the fall things with Olivia this year.
2017 Fall Bucket List
- Jump in a pile of leaves. We did this last year and Olivia loved it. We just have to remember to throw out the leaves this time or we’ll be left with a big circle of dead grass come springtime. Yeaaahhhh hubby was not too happy about that.
- Bake a delicious, pumpkin treat to bring to our neighbors. Well, okay, and for ourselves too!
- Paint some pumpkins! Olivia is still a little young to carve pumpkins but the kid is Picasso in training and will love painting pumpkins this year!
- Go apple picking. One of my favorite fall traditions that I have to do every year. (If you’re local, try out Garwood Farms.)
- Watch Hocus Pocus. Olivia watched this movie over and over and over last year. And ya know what? I wasn’t mad at it. 🙂
- Make mulled wine. Okay, so this one is going to have to wait until after baby is born, but I am definitely going to try out a recipe this year!
- Try some new crockpot recipes! I don’t know why, but I always forget how handy dandy the crockpot is, so this fall I plan on setting that bad boy up on a Sunday morning and get ready to have a yummy meal that night!
- Teach your kids about what it means to be thankful! Olivia asks what words mean all the time and thankful is a good one to learn. And help your kids come up with things they’re thankful for every day leading up to Thanksgiving.
- Make a fun craft with fall leaves! I will be sure to share some that Olivia and I plan on making!
- Collect pine cones and make peanut butter and bird seed feeders.
- Grab your fam, a picnic blanket, and your camera (or iPhone) and take some fun, amateur family photos among the fall leaves.
What’s on your fall bucket list this year??