This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SuperAbsorbent #CollectiveBias.
When Olivia was just a couple weeks old, Eric went to change her diaper in the middle of the night. At this point, I was sleep deprived and nothing short of a train coming through my room could wake me. Well, Eric was dealt a poor hand that night and as he was changing her, she went… number two aaaaaallll over his hand. He called and called for me but nothing could stir me. We were brand new parents and just getting the hang of things and he had to figure out how to clean her and his poopy hand on his own. He survived, although maybe a little traumatized, but from that point on, we have known exactly how/what to stock our changing table with. So today, I’m sharing a quick tutorial on stocking your changing table with all the essentials, including Costco Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers.
How to Stock Your Changing Table
- Changing Pad + Cover. Babies and toddlers hate hard, cold surfaces (your tushy wouldn’t like it either) so a diaper changing pad and cover is a must. Diaper changing pads are a great way to add a little decor and color to the room too. I love ours from Barefaced Notions— it’s custom, pretty, and most importantly, washable (remember my story from above?).
- A wipe dispenser. This is is seriously my favorite diaper changing accessory. Everyone needs one of these. I hate when wipes stick together and you have to shake them off of each other but this little gem prevents that from happening with the weight that it has inside!
- Hand sanitizer. No changing station is complete without some hand sanitizer. Of course you want to clean your hands afterwards, but it’s just as important to have clean hands before you do the diaper duty.
- Good lighting. When you walk into your baby’s room at 3am, the last thing you want is a bright, blinding overhead light on. A small lamp like this one does the trick.
- Toys of distraction. The more mobile they become, the less they’re willing to sit still. I always have some sort of distracting toy at the side of the table. It could be a rattle, a stuffed animal, or in our case, it’s often the digital thermometer that keeps Liv busy.
- DIAPERS. In the world of changing diapers, there is literally nothing worse than running out mid diaper change. The only way to prevent that is to stock up at Costco! Olivia wears Huggies Little Movers Plus (comes in sizes 3, 4, 5, and 6) and is perfect for her little on-the-go self and has up to 12 hours of protection. Not only that, but I love that they’re secure with the Double Grip strips. And when you’re going through 8+ diapers a day, there’s no better value than buying from Costco! And Huggies Little Snugglers Plus and Huggies Little Movers Plus are only available at Costco.
Having been pregnant and now a “seasoned” mama of 18 months, I know that parents love to give advice. And you know what? I’m no different. 😉 So I’ll leave you with this little tidbit of advice: give yourself a little grace. There will be amazing days that you’ll store in your memory forever, and there will be days when your baby poops on your hand. You can’t win ’em all.
What’s your must have changing table essential?
Pricing Info for Huggies Little Snugglers and Huggies Little Movers Diapers:
- Little Snugglers Plus (Sizes 1 & 2) are only $37.49, $31.49 after $6 discount and free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 to 9/25)
- The Little Movers Plus (Size 3, 4, 5, & 6) are $42.99, $36.99 after $6 discount and free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 –to 9/25)
- And for the parents of newborns, Little Snugglers Plus are available in size Newborn starting at $29.99 available in select warehouses and online at Costco.com