This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScotchBriteSponges #CollectiveBias
You guys, I have a problem. I love DIY projects, but as my husband will tell you, I take on too many, leave half of them unfinished and leave a mess everywhere. What can I say? I’m super ambitious. 😉 Surely, I can’t be the only one, right? Well, today I have a DIY project that is so easy, you will have no choice but to finish it. Plus quick and easy way to clean up afterwards! It is a DIY lavender sugar scrub that is perfect for a homemade gift or just for mamas that want an inexpensive way to relax after chasing your toddler all day.
I looooove the scent of lavender. It’s feminine, not too strong, and so relaxing, so it was a no brainer to pick that scent for my scrub. But you could just as easily switch it out for another fragrance if you prefer. Here’s what you’ll need to get started making your own lavender sugar scrub:
(makes three small jars, as pictured, worth of sugar scrub)
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. dried lavender
- mason jars + ribbon
- a few drops food coloring (optional)
- Start by cleaning your work surface and washing your mason jars out and making sure they’re clean with Scotch-Brite™ Brand sponges and Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Soap Dispensing Dishwand.
- Then warm your coconut oil in the microwave just slightly. I’m talking like no more than 10 seconds. Mix your coconut oil and sugar together in a food processor or blender. (You can totally mix by hand too but your dried lavender won’t get as combined.)
- Add your dried lavender and pulse the food processor/blender.
- Start adding your essential oil in 5 drops at a time and mix. If you prefer a stronger smell, add more. If you prefer just a light scent then don’t add as much.
- Lastly, add your food coloring to get your desired shade. I used the gel kind so that I didn’t have to worry about mixing red and blue to get the right shade, but you could do that as well. And I only added 3-4 drops because I wanted a really light color.
- Spoon your sugar scrub into your mason jars and tie with a pretty ribbon!
- Clean up time so that
yourmy hubby doesn’t get mad! Enter the Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge and Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge to the rescue!
Super easy, right? And it smells soooo good, leaves your skin soooo soft, and I love knowing exactly what’s in it. This is definitely one to pin and save for a DIY Christmas or Mother’s day gift!
Clean up was a breeze with Scotch-Brite sponges. I use the dishwands for the smaller, hard to clean dishes and I use the blue sponge for my granite countertops because it’s non-scratch. Then, I use the green for the heavy duty stuff like pots, pans, sinks, etc. because it cleans tough messes 50% faster. Which is what I need when I have a little one saying up, up, up and begging me to hold her!
And don’t make fun of my hot pink rubber gloves, I wash a lot of dishes by hand and I’ll do anything to protect my manicure! 🙂 Save now on Scotch-Brite® Scrub Sponges at Target with this Cartwheel offer and find them in the dish soap aisle. And you can also visit this site to see what other bloggers have done with their Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog, follow along on Insta @myplotofsunshine and like my Facebook page for more baby, mama, style, food, and fun stuff!