It was only a year ago that I was freaking out about 30 and now here I am on the eve of my 31st birthday! Thirty was a wonderful year– got pregnant, traveled A TON, the Cubs won the World Series, and I enjoyed time with my baby and hubby. With all that wonderfulness it feels like the year just flew by. So in honor of thirty one whole years, I thought I’d share 31 random facts about me.
- My life feels like it’s spinning out of control when my fridge is messy and disorganized.
- I’m an only child. Sort of. I have a stepbrother that I have a good relationship with, but I didn’t see him much growing up because he’s 20 years older than me. Because of that, I definitely have an only child personality (don’t like to share, I like to do things my own way, etc.).
- I LOVE cinnamon rolls. Like seriously. Eric asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year and all I wanted was to get my fav cinnamon rolls.
- My mom and I are super duper close and probably talk and/or FaceTime 5+ times a day. She’s also the person that reads my blog first thing in the morning and then texts me all the grammar/typo mistakes I’ve made. 🙂
- I’m pretty messy. When I asked hubby to help me think of facts about myself (because it’s actually really hard) this was the first thing he said. Haha!
- I was 23 when I met Eric at a Bally’s Fitness (another story for another day 🙂 ).
- I might be the only person in the world that doesn’t particularly care for Thanksgiving food.
- I once won $300 dollars at a dancing contest.
- Whenever I set my alarm clock the minutes must be set in multiples of 3. Example: 6:03, 8:06, etc.
- My first pet was a cockatiel. Her name was PioPio (Spanish for the sound birds make).
- My second pet was a dog for my golden birthday. His name was Buddy.
- I love to travel and have a major case of wanderlust. Seeing new places, people, food, cultures is my jam.
- I’ve been to Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Aruba, Jamaica, Sweden, England, Denmark, France, Spain, and Italy. And there are still soooooo many places I want to see.
- Eric and I got robbed on the beach at knifepoint in Jamaica (also another story for another day).
- Even though I love to travel, I still consider myself a homebody. I love weekends at home curled up on the couch with the fireplace on while hubby watches football. (Can you tell I am so ready for fall?)
- My dad passed away when I was 17 years old. We had the closest father/daughter relationship and I miss him every single day. I wish so badly that he could meet and hold Olivia and the baby in my tummy.Dress
- I love Coca-Cola. I could drink it every day and that’s exactly why I don’t keep it in my house. But it’s a must whenever I have pizza.
- I’ve never seen Goonies, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Top Gun, Kindergarten Cop and basically any movie that people consider a pop culture classic.
- I love to read and I used to looooove reading Danielle Steele’s romance novels as a teenager. Ha!
- When I was 9 years old I flew on a plane by myself to visit my Aunt and Uncle in California.
- I’ve never had a cavity.
- Ellen DeGeneres is my role model. She is so kind, accepting, and makes the world a better place.
- I consider myself an introverted extrovert (or is it an extroverted introvert?). I can strike up a conversation with anyone and enjoy being around others but I get my energy from being by myself.
- Feet totally gross me out.
- I am beach girl. Being on, near, or in the ocean makes me so happy.
- My first car was a red ’94 Honda Civic. I loved that car.
- I am not a picky eater at all and love trying new foods.
- I once taught myself how to crochet but all I could ever make was scarves.
- In high school I failed “the mile” because my bestie and I had gym together and all we would do was talk and walk. Apparently we couldn’t walk the mile in under 12 minutes.
- Movies I could watch (and have) over and over are: The Devil Wears Prada, Dirty Dancing, Shawshank Redemption, 16 Candles, and Coming to America.
- My favorite thing to do is take a long drive with good music and the windows down on a gorgeous day.
Okay, so now you have to share a random fact about yourself with me! Make it a good one!
Have a great weekend!